Compare and contrast the typical research methodologies found in the literature you reviewed—qualitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods.September 6, 2018
Describe at least three complications of cancer, the side effects of treatment, and methods to lessen physical and psychological effects.September 6, 2018
P & OM Final assessment
- This assignment is an opportunity for you to investigate operations management in practice and to carry out deeper investigations. • You need to demonstrate further reading and investigation – and to compare what you see in your own organization (or an organization of your choice) with what is written in the academic literature.
- You should select an organization (which you have access to) and work through the 10 decision areas relating to operations within the organization.
- You should write a report in a presentation form (e.g., PowerPoint slides) discussing the operations of the organization, and making recommendations for improvement in 1 or 2 decision area(s)
OM Decision Areas
- Design of goods and services 2. Managing quality 3. Process and capacity design 4. Location strategy 5. Layout strategy 6. Human resources and job design Supply-chain management 8. Inventory management 9. Scheduling 10. Maintenance
- This is a group assignment with 2-3 students per group
- Each group prepares a PowerPoint Slide deck (15 -18 slides) and sent in BEFORE 0900 Friday, June
– Intro (organization) – Analysis of 10 OM decision areas – Operational situation(s)/issue(s) – Possible choices for improvement – Your choice(s) & why – Conclusion – Citation for source information
- Late submissions will be graded with 0%. It will count for 50% of your final grade.
- Assessment criteria:
– quality & depth of the research
– ability to incorporate course concepts in making recommendations for improvement
– ability to meet due dates
– presentation skills
– correct English