Write a paper describing the product and why you believe it needs sustainable solutions. Use data such as number or quantity of the product in the market, frequency of use, or social and economic benefits to support your choice. Establish a valid argument that this product needs improvement in order to address environmental and health concerns. September 4, 2018
For this project, you will create an academic success plan showcasing your knowledge in goal setting and time management. September 4, 2018
Prisoners’ Rights” Please respond to the following: (200 words only)
- According to the text, offenders do not have full Constitutional rights, but the U.S. Constitution does afford offenders some protection. Choose two (2) of the four (4) key sources of prisoners’ rights (i.e., the U.S. Constitution, federal statutes, state constitutions, and state statutes). Provide your opinion on the manner in which offenders receive some protection of their Constitutional rights through the two (2) chosen sources.
- According to the text, an area ripe for litigation is the right of prisoners to have access to healthcare versus cost effective prison management. Select one (1) special prison population, and argue for or against state and federal government’s use of tax dollars to care for this special population. Support your position with at least one (1) example from the text.
Assignment 3: Concerns for Corrections Staff and Inmates
Use your state’s Department of Corrections Website, as well as the Strayer Library, to research the roles of correctional staff within the correctional organization.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Distinguish between administrative staff, program staff, and custodial staff; and discuss the importance of each.
- Rank the four (4) types of power available to correctional staff in order of importance (one  being the most important, four  being the least important). Provide a rationale for your ranking.
- Prioritize the following corrections staff concerns, with one (1) being the most important and four (4), the least important: funding, radical inmates, multi-generations, and mental health issues in order of importance. Speculate on the major impact, whether negative or positive, that each concern will have on corrections staff overall. Justify your response.
- It is widely known that corrections personnel often experience “compassion fatigue” or the reduced capacity to be empathetic of an offender’s circumstance. Speculate on both the reason for such indifference and the long term consequence of such behavior. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recommend improvements to selected areas of corrections.
- Analyze the operational components of prisons, jails, and alternative correctional placements.
- Classify inmate types, explaining the issues involved and the purposes served within prison society by various types.
- Examine gender issues involved in corrections.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in correctional facility policies.
- Write clearly and concisely about correctional facility policies using proper writing mechanics.