Week 5 – Final Project
The purpose of the Final Project is to demonstrate your understanding of crime prevention programs and the role crime prevention plays in the overall criminal justice system. You may select a crime prevention program that addresses issues in law enforcement, the courts, or corrections; or it may be a comprehensive program that addresses all three. The program may address the adult justice system, juvenile justice system, or both.
For the purposes of this assignment, assume you are preparing a proposal to a city, county, or state governmental body to recommend the implementation of a crime prevention program within their jurisdiction. With support from academic literature (both scholarly and credible sources), demonstrate the value of the crime prevention program and its effectiveness in reducing crime, which in turn will reduce the overall costs to the jurisdiction and justify the additional expenditures to the community.
Your Crime Prevention proposal:
· Summarizes the jurisdiction (i.e., city, county, or state) and the portion of the criminal justice system your proposal is designed to address.
· Analyzes the data from three similar jurisdictions (comparable cities in population size) and compares the information to national data current trends utilizing the SARA model and the Crime Analysis Triangle. (Note: Crime Analysis for Problem Solvers in 60 Small Steps , Steps 7 and 8).
· Evaluates the appropriate crime prevention strategy for the jurisdiction based on this analysis.
· Examines academic literature and studies on the various crime prevention programs to address the needs of the community. How does the crime prevention program address social justice issues of the community?
· Analyzes of the various programs showing their effectiveness in comparable jurisdictions.
· Proposes a funding strategy for program implementation.
· State anticipated outcomes, both short and long term.
· Assess how the crime prevention program affects social justice within the community.
The Crime Prevention proposal:
· Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style. as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Source. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.