I need assistance on creating an Annotated Outline for Apple Inc.
This assignment helps you develop the skills to master the following course competencies:
- Apply critical thinking to business-related activities.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
While everyone has their own process for writing, creating an outline is often an important early step in the process in all types of writing, even for the most seasoned writers. By creating an outline, you draft a plan that organizes your thoughts, helps you see gaps in your thought process, and enables you to decide where in your paper you will address particular issues.
An annotated outline is a document that organizes the main sections to be included in your paper. The annotations are based on thinking through your approach to the paper and developing enough detail that anyone who reads the outline can follow your thought process.
The purpose of this assignment is threefold:
- To build an outline that shows the content and organization of your paper both so your instructor can approve it and to make it easier for you to move forward.
- To demonstrate that you have conducted some research and know how to cite in APA format by including some quotations. Note that you may or may not use these sources and quotes in your actual paper; you may have found better sources in a couple of weeks.
- To demonstrate your ability to create a well-organized document, suitable for academics or business, that meets established criteria.
For this assignment, create an annotated outline that provides a framework, or skeleton, of your course project analysis paper and presentation.
Begin by rereading the project description. Your annotated outline must state the name of your chosen business and must include the following:
- An abstract.
- An introduction.
- A conclusion.
- At least four other headings in between.
- Of the four headings, one must be Social Media Audit and Comparison; one must be SWOT Analysis; and one must be Recommendations.
- Each of the four headings must have at least two subpoints to develop the detail required.
- Each of the four headings must incorporate at least one quotation or paraphrase from a source that you might use for support, with an APA in-text citation.
- In your final draft, one of your headings or subheadings will specifically address the ethical aspects associated with your chosen business. However, since we will not address ethical issues until Unit 5, you may include a heading or subheading as a placeholder in this assignment, to be completed after Unit 5.
- A section for References. In that section, list the full APA citations for all the sources you used in the annotated outline.
Refer to Developing an Annotated Outline (linked in the Resources) from the Capella Writing Center for more information on annotated outlines.
Example assignment: You may use the Annotated Outline Example, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of 4 resources.
- Length of paper: Prepare 2â€“4 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.