you-are-manager-fictitious-company-your-choice-your-director-has-asked-you-explain-departm-0July 8, 2020
ppt-presentation-without-sound-PSY-of-learning-5-6-double-spaced-pages-in-lengthJuly 8, 2020
Requirements : cover page, cites, references, apa format ,12 font double space
The elements of 21st Century Learning and Innovation Skills include critical thinking and problem solving, communication and collaboration, and creativity and innovation. Think back on projects you have participated in, products you have created, and processes you have developed or applied in a school or workplace setting that demonstrate application of 21stcentury learning and innovation skills. Drawing from these experiences, create or describe an “artifact” for inclusion in your 21st Century Resume and Portfolio project. If you have not had experiences in which you applied these skills, imagine a situation in which these skills would be put to use and describe the project, product, or process in detail. Reflect on this year’s Horizon Report for inspiration and ideas.
Assignment length: written 2- to 3- pages.
- Course Text: 21st Century Skills: Learning for Life in Our Times
- Chapter 3, “Learning and Innovation Skills: Learning to Create Together” (pp. 45–60)
- Chapter 6, “21st Century Learning and Teaching” (pp. 89–94)
- Chapter 7, “Powerful Learning: Proven Practices, Researched Results” (pp. 95–115)
- Web Resource: The Horizon Project. (2011). The New Media Consortium (NMC). Located at: http://www.nmc.org/horizon-project
Find the current Horizon Report, published each year by the Horizon Project, which presents new technologies on the near-term horizon, second adoption horizon, and far-term horizon. As you read the descriptions of these emerging technologies, consider the learning and innovation skills needed to develop them and to apply them in educational settings.
- Document: Sample Lesson Plan. For your Discussion this week you will consider how this lesson plan could be adapted to better develop and/or make use of the 21st Century learning and innovation Skills presented in Chapter 3 of the course text.
- Course Media: “21st Century Skills: Learning for Life in Our Times” (course media that accompanies Trilling and Fadel text book) – Select and view ONE of the videos from the DVD that accompanies your textbook. As you view, look for how the project featured exemplifies the 21st century learning and innovation skills. Here is a list of the video titles.
- Example of Project-based Learning: Overview of the California Propositions Public Service Announcement Project (The Metropolitan Arts and Technology High School, San Francisco, California, Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation)
- Skill-by-skill Description: California Propositions Public Service Announcement Project (The Metropolitan Arts and Technology High School, San Francisco, California, Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation)
- 21st Century Skills Assessment (Napa New Technology High School, Napa, California, Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation)
- High Tech High and the Culture of the 21st Century Skills (High Tech High, San Diego, California, Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation)
- Examples of Project-based Learning: Science Lab (Biology) (School of the Future, New York, New York, Courtesy of the Coalition of Essential Schools)
- Example of Student Collaboration: SARS (Students in Egypt, Malaysia, Holland, and the United States, Courtesy of the oracle Education Foundation)
- The Project Learning Institute (Alban Elementary School, St Albans, West Virginia, Courtesy of the Oracle Education Foundation)
- Access to Technology: Harry’s Story, (Kumasi, Ghana, Courtesy of the Oracle Education Foundation)
- Making Learning Relevant: The Hydrology Project: (Catalina Foothills High School, Tucson, Arizona, Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation)
Note: The following two Optional Resources are useful for Weeks 3 and 4.
Note: The following five Optional Resources are useful for Weeks 1, 3, 4, and 5.
- Text: Bellanca, J. A., & Brandt, R. S. (2010). 21st century skills: rethinking how students learn. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.