Technology, Privacy, and Employee MonitoringFebruary 27, 2021
War- business strategy impact on militaryFebruary 27, 2021
In this Assignment, through the Managing Talent Wal-Mart case study, you will engage in developing the following professional competencies:
- Understands how to approach unstructured problems
Read the case “Managing Talent: How Wal-Mart Is Setting Pay at the Top…and Bottom” at the end of Chapter 12. Answer the questions below (not the questions at the end of the case study in the text) in a 2–3 page APA-style paper. Note that the questions in this Assignment relate to both Units 6 and 7.
- Compare the impact of incentive pay on the total compensation of Wal-Mart’s CEO and the company’s average workers. Does the difference in the way pay is structured at these two levels make business sense? Why or why not?
- Explain how Wal-Mart’s store workers might judge the equity of the difference between their total compensation and Mike Duke’s total compensation?
- Describe and compare effective performance management techniques for the CEO and for average workers.
- Click on the Resources icon below to use the Case Study template (also available in Course Documents).
- Your paper should include a title page, reference page and your 2–3 page paper addressing the three questions below.
- Your paper should be double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Answer each question thoroughly by examining and providing specific examples of concepts and topics.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified as well as original and insightful.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the information presented in the weekly reading assignments by defining terms, explaining concepts, and providing detailed examples to illustrate your points.
- Include at least two references from your reading assignments, or other peer reviewed or scholarly resources, to reinforce and support your own thoughts, ideas, and statements using APA citation style.
- Write your original response in Standard American English, paying special attention to grammar, style, and mechanics.