Strategic Planning and Strategic ManagementFebruary 22, 2021
Signature AssignmentFebruary 22, 2021
Assignment 2: Challenges in the Global Business Environment
According to the textbook, ongoing challenges in the global business environment are mostly attributed to unethical business practices, failure to embrace technology advancements, and stiff competition among businesses. Imagine that you have been appointed as Apple’s Chief Compliance Officer and must prepare a video presentation for Apple’s suppliers regarding Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct to deliver via a web meeting. To prepare for your presentation, review Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct, located at https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/. Alternatively, you may submit a four to six (4-6) page paper instead of the video submission.
Part 1: Paper
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- List specific changes that Apple has made to its Code of Conduct in recent years. Provide at least one (1) example of each change.
- Explain the identified changes to the suppliers in such a way that they will understand the standards that Apple requires in order to maintain their relationship with the company.
- Submit a reference page with at least two (2) quality references that you have used for this paper. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces on business and society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.