NUR 504 Health Care Research Analysis and Utilization Essay Discussions and Assignments
NUR504 ( all weeks discussions and assignments ) Entire Course
NUR504 Week 1
Write a summary of 750-1,000 words that includes the following criteria:
1. An introduction that explains the focus of the article.
2. A summary of key points of the article.
3. A list of the steps taken by nursing to develop and implement an EBP.
4. Application of the learned information to a practice setting where the student either identifies an EBP that has been applied to your setting or a practice problem that would benefit from the implementation of an EBP.
5. A clear and concise conclusion.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Choose two scholarly, peer-reviewed articles about research studies.
The articles can be found using the GCU Library or any of the sources recommended in the readings.
Address the following:
1. One article must be an example of a qualitative research study; the other must be a quantitative example.
2. These articles will be utilized for assignments in Modules 3, 4, 6 and 8.
3. Write a 350-500-word statement which includes:
4. A description of why each research study is categorized as quantitative or qualitative.
5. A justification for your selections.
6. The journal page reference for the research study selected and the reasons why it was selected.
7. A link to the selected articles or an attached copy of each article.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin
ORDER A CUSTOM-WRITTEN PAPER NOW
This is a CLC Assignment.
You will be assigned to a CLC group by the instructor.
Within your group, follow the instructions provided in the CLC Assignment: Evidence-Based Practice Project (EBP).
Finalize the CLC Agreement.
CLC Assignment: Evidence-Based Project (EBP)
Group work has benefits and liabilities. Everyone assigned to a CLC is expected to equally participate in the work in terms of time and quality of effort. The assignment should be apportioned to make the best use of the strengths of individual team members. Some of you are natural leaders. Your strengths can be your greatest liabilities. No one wants to be bossed around no matter how skilled the boss. Honest communication is critical to effective group work. The best way to avoid conflict is to set very clear expectations. Then, if someone does not do what is expected, he or she can be referred to the original agreement rather than have the confrontation become personal.
At the end of the project, students will have an opportunity to evaluate each other. These evaluations will be taken into consideration when grading individuals within the group. The grade will be given for the project as compared to the rubric for evaluation. Depending on your evaluations, individual grades will be equal to or less than the overall grade. Course faculty are able to observe the process in the CLC forum. If your work takes place outside the forum, this information will be absent. Be certain, even if you communicate via e-mail, phone, or face-to-face, to record the communication in the CLC forum.
NOTE: The final course of your program will require you to develop and implement an EBP guideline. This is your opportunity to learn the process and perhaps even identify an area of interest. Your choice of a topic for the capstone course should be related to your area of specialty. Each course you take will provide you with the opportunity to investigate theory and empirical literature to identify the relevant evidence you will need to complete this project. The more effort you expend now to learn this process, the easier it will be for you to complete the program efficiently.
Collaborative Learning Community: EBP Agreement
1) Check into your CLC group.
a) Describe your prior experience with evidence-based practice (EBP) includingparticipation in developing EBP guidelines or protocols for changing practice.
1) Review the CLC Agreement
a) Choose one member totransfer the CLC Agreement to the CLC forum, input the CLC’s responses for all sections of the Agreement, and submit the CLC Agreement.
b) Each member should provide their contact information on the CLC Agreement and decide what tasks in the Project Management Specifics section they will be responsible for.
c) In the CLC Forum, discuss and provide responses for each component of the CLC Agreement. The CLC Group Review Process will be completed at the end of your project.
d) Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of working in a team environment.
2) Record all communication in the CLC Forum.
3) Complete the CLC agreement, except for the CLC Group Review Process.
4) Submit the completed CLC Agreement to the instructor at the end of Topic 2.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.