For clarification purposes, please provide separate answers and references for each module. Thanks
How is sample size related to statistical tests and outcomes? Give a specific example. Why is it important to plan the sample size before collecting data?
Fill in the following for a possible study with one independent variable (IV) with two conditions/treatments and a dependent variable (DV) that is measured on a continuous scale (interval or ratio):
· Independent variable = ______________
· Condition A = ______________
· Condition B = ______________
· Dependent variable = _______________
· How do you know this DV is measured on a continuous scale?
· How would you word the null hypothesis for your sample study?
· How would you word the alternative hypothesis for your sample study?
· What alpha level would you set to test your hypothesis? Why?
What is the primary purpose of inferential statistics? How might inferential statistics be applied to your intended research study? Explain.
Researchers often assume a normal distribution of data. Why is this significant in quantitative research? Explain.
Mary is planning a study to see if learning of 6th graders on a math lesson is affected by background noise level. She wants to use a t-test for independent groups to analyze her results. Help her plan her study. What is her independent variable (IV) here? Describe two conditions she could create for the IV in her study. What is her dependent variable (DV) here? Describe a way to measure the DV so that each participant would have one score at the end. Would this DV measure be on a continuous scale of measurement? Why is this important? Explain and justify.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.