Explain the importance of situating a society’s cultural and artistic expressions within a historical context. Examine the influences of intellectual, religious, political, and socio-economic forces on social, cultural, and artistic expressions.September 5, 2018
Did the contribution of other learners influence you and help enrich your knowledge of consumer behaviour?September 5, 2018
Assignment 2: Project Paper
The video presentation will be no longer than 5-to-7 minutes and will include slides. You will also have to submit a references sheet with this option. Your instructor may provide more detailed instructions.
- Harlem Renaissance Poets. Essay & Poem. Choose two (2) poems by different authors from the Harlem Renaissance. Write an essay that:
- Describes each author’s role and importance within the Harlem Renaissance.
- Identify the elements in each of their poems in which you see evidence of the “double-consciousness” being expressed by each author.
- Fully describe at least two (2) primary themes you see in the poetry written during this time period, referring to specific lines in each of the poems.
- Discuss how these lines challenge or inspire you for your personal life or profession.
- Women Challenge their Audience. Essay. Lessons in Public Speaking: Two women of very different backgrounds and language skills gave effective speeches in the cause of abolition. Read the speeches and the background of them.Angelina Grimke Weld’s speech in Philadelphia in 1838: http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/grimke.html ; the background of that speech is at http://eloquentwoman.blogspot.com/2016/09/famous-speech-friday-angelina-grimkes.html . Sojourner Truth’s famous 1851 speech and its background: https://www.nps.gov/articles/sojourner-truth.htm . Also see background in chapter 29 (p. 963) of our class text. Then write an essay that includes the following:
- Biographical information for each woman, emphasizing elements especially relevant to the speeches.
- Describe the obstacles and limitations each faced that normally would hinder the making of these speeches.
- Using specific lines, show or illustrate effective speaking methods that helped them connect to the audience.
- Describe two lessons you learn from these examples that could be of value to you for communications in your professional life.
- What Price Progress? Essay: Economic Change and Consequences. Our class text has four short reading selections from Charles Dickens, known for his literary realism in the mid-1800s, when many struggled trying to adapt to unrelenting economic changes. The readings are Old Curiosity Shop (p. 922); Sketches by Boz (p. 923); Dombey and Son (p. 927), and Hard Times (pp. 928-9). Select just one of these readings. Then write an essay that includes the following:
- Summarize the main ideas in the selection you chose, including the thesis or main point, and five important details
- Considering descriptions in our class text and other sources, explain conditions in London at this time, including housing, labor, and family life.
- Define literary realism and show how Dickens uses the technique in this selection. Identify Dickens’ reasons for wanting changes for the struggling poor in London.
- Describe two lessons you learn from this inquiry about the problems and responsibilities and skills needed in facing today’s unrelenting economic changes.
- Other topic choice recommended and approved by the professor and supported by the grading rubric.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.