Describe how the organization has been both effective and efficient in its communication with those three stakeholders. Support with evidence from a source. Identify and discuss any three of the major 21st-century challenges the organization faces.September 6, 2018
Evaluate The Reasoning Of 2 Classmates Regarding Placing Limits On The Gathering And Admissibility/Suppression Of Evidence Used To Determine Guilt Or Innocence. Review The Grading Rubric. Provide The Scriptural, Constitutional, And Scholarly BaSeptember 6, 2018
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Review the information concerning GM’s handling of a safety issue and recall included in the “GM Ignition Switch Recall.”
Write an essay (1,250-1,500 words) that addresses the following:
- What deficiencies in the four functions of management led to the faulty ignition switch problem and GM recalls?
- Describe the organizational structure of GM at the time of the recall and discuss whether it has changed. Do you think GM’s structure is the most effective structure for the organization?
- Which organizational design type, mechanistic or organic, existed at the time of the recalls? Do you think that design is the best fit for GM? If not, what is?
- To help GM manage their operations, recommend one strategic, tactical, and operational plan that would help GM avoid any such problems in the future.
- Describe the organizational culture of General Motors at the time of the recall. Was it the most effective culture? Has it changed? If so, has it changed for the better? Present supporting evidence.
- Explain how GM went wrong in employing the four steps of the control process prior to recalls. What changes should they make to this process moving forward?
- Suggest principles GM should adopt to make them a servant leader in the automotive industry.
Cite four academic references in your analysis. Academic references include the textbook, the readings, or any article from the GCU Library. You may use information found online but online encyclopedias (e.g., Wikipedia) and blogs do not count as academic references.