Assignment 3: Vice President of Operations, Part 3
Use the same scenario from Assignment 1, present the following findings to your Chief Executive Officer.
No copying and pasting of previous work done for someone else, original work only.
Create a presentation in a common format (PowerPoint or a similar program) with a minimum of twenty (20) slides and corresponding speaker notes in which you:
1. Determine which statistical technique you will employ to measure the quality characteristics of your organization. Provide examples to support the rationale.
2. Analyze the current facility location, and then use the three-step procedure to determine a new location.
3. Analyze the key concepts related to capacity planning and facility location for the new location.
4. Examine the current work system design, and determine your organization’s selected feasibility in the job design (i.e., technical, economic, behavioral). Assess key elements of the rationale in the work design competitive advantage.
5. Using the method analysis described in the textbook, defend the new change implementation process and the rationale for the change of method.
6. Develop a diagram showing network planning techniques, in which you use the program evaluation and review technique (PERT) and the critical path method (CPM).
7. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
The assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Include corresponding speaker notes for each slide included in the presentation.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Apply descriptive statistics to measure quality characteristics.
· Analyze the key concepts related to capacity planning and facility location.
· Examine the key elements of work system design, the project life cycle, and project management.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in operations management.
· Write clearly and concisely about operations management using proper writing mechanics.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.