Share why or how these have protected and/or enriched your life as you observed the wisdom contained in them? As you have studied these afresh in this class, are there any proverbs that have made a fresh imprint on your own life today?September 6, 2018
Three high-quality sources from journals related to my thesis above. The sources should be effective in supporting my argument (thesis above) for my intended audience.September 6, 2018
In this section, you will develop a presentation about EBOLA for the financial and program officers. The presentation will discuss a broad initiative to address the issue you have selected. To develop the presentation, complete the following:
- Identify one issue—EBOLA
- Identify policies and system issues that contribute to the problem, and identify the internal and external resources needed to address the issue.
- Explain the host, agent, and environmental factors affecting this problem.
- Justify why this issue is appropriate for the foundation to support, citing relevant unmet needs, government policy initiatives, NGO interest, business involvement, global trends, and variability in access to care or treatment, etc.
- Discuss the public health aspects of the initiative you propose. Explain how projects must fit into the definitions of public health found in the readings. Consider the systemic ramifications and situational factors that will affect the foundation’s involvement.
- Analyze the benefits to public health if the foundation supports this issue. In your analysis, address the following:
- Using the idea of Return Of Investment, compare benefits of preventative initiatives versus treatment initiatives as they relate to this health issue.
- Identify some potential global benefits of this initiative in terms of needs and outcomes.
- Explain what communications might be required with grantees (e.g., type of programs, contracts, release from responsibility, notifications of research and service, suggestions for reporting progress, promotion of the foundation goals, collaborations, media press releases, interviews, etc.). Propose a way to implement and monitor communications.
For The Presentation, develop a 6–8-slide presentation in PowerPoint format.