Sampling Case 3September 22, 2020
Sampling SLP 3September 22, 2020
There have been several instances of unethical practices in health-related research such as the Tuskegee Syphilis study. Sampling is a particular aspect of research planning that can be riddled with ethical dilemmas as described in the article Ethical Dilemmas in Sampling. After reviewing the article, share your thoughts on any ethical dilemma you as a researcher can anticipate given your selected research topic. Given the potential outcome of your research, what are some ways you may apply ethical values and practices in creating your sampling frame for your selected research topic?
done-7957745-2July 17, 2020
fm-phase-1-ipJuly 17, 2020
For this weeks discussion you will create a radio advertisement. Your task is to implant within your radio script/dialogue a number of fallacies from Chapter 3 and 4.
- Choose a product. If you are having a hard time I suggest one of these: toilet paper, paper clip, plastic bowl, toe nail clippers, or gum.
- Identify objective information regarding the product you choose. (e.g., materials, reasonable use, functionality…). The goal is that your advertisement be free of and ignore the “objective” features. Rather your goal is to create desires and not report truth.
- You can appeal to any desires you want except for one: do not appeal to sex as it is just too easy to do and not worthy of a savvy marketer. Be a savvy marketer!
- Write out the dialogue, as if it were to be read on a radio station. You can have as many voices (characters) as you want. Your goal is simply to create an appealing, understandable commercial using fallacies, even if your commercial is silly, serious, or sarcastic.
- A proficient commercial will contain 2 fallacies within Chapter 3 and 2 fallacies within Chapter 4. Mastery would contain an example of all the fallacies from both chapters. Further mastery would also show craft while proficiency will be accurate use of fallacies. Craft is using a fallacy subtlety so that it blends into the commercial in a non-obvious manner.
Initial Post: Your initial post should capture the above items (1-5) rather than focusing on word count.