Risk and Returns Finance Part 2February 26, 2021
Basic Sky ObjectsFebruary 26, 2021
Emergency Operational Plan
Your community is in the middle of a disaster and communication from the incident command centers is compromised. In your main discussion post:
- Explain two considerations that would influence your decision to call in MERS.
- Describe the operational support that a MERS can provide to your community.
- Assess the type of telecommunications support you would request from MERS
Your community has gotten through the disaster and now is the time to figure out what worked and what did not. The emergency management team is doing a full strategic analysis using the six steps (see Introduction). For this discussion you are going to focus on addressing issues in mitigation planning (step 5).
Choose one of the following areas to address in the discussion:
- Property damage.
- Victim stress.
In your main post:
- Describe the measures you are proposing for mitigation in the chosen area.
- Explain the costs and benefits of the measures.
- Justify the necessity of the proposed mitigation measures
Using the details you see in the Response Management Desk media piece,
- Construct a public service announcement for delivery either before or during this disaster. Remember the point of such an announcement to persuade people to take protective actions in the face of a disaster.
- Describe your audience and your chosen method of delivery. Explain why you chose that method to deliver your announcement.
- Determine whether there are special characteristics or needs of your audience that you should keep in mind as you craft your announcement.