Whole FoodsFebruary 8, 2021
GlobalizationFebruary 8, 2021
For this assessment, choose one of the corporate scandals from the list below and then look for 3–4 articles that analyze the ethics of the scandal or how corporate leadership dealt with the scandal.
- Volkswagon Emissions Scandal.
- Toyota Scandal (2007–2010. Acceleration and brake recalls.).
- BP (British Petroleum) Deep Water Horizon Gulf Coast disaster.
Organize your assessment logically, using headings and sub-headings as appropriate. Include a title page and reference page following APA guidelines for citations and references. Please keep in mind that this assessment is not intended to be an in-depth analysis of the full scope of the scandal you chose; rather, it is meant to give you a high-level overview of how effective and ethical global leadership should respond when things happen.
Within your assessment, please address the following:
- Explain the primary ethical challenge facing corporate leadership.
- Analyze corporate leadership’s response to the unfolding scandal.
- Compare the skills and competencies a global leader should have with the actions taken during the scandal. In other words, what leadership skills and competencies were lacking in corporate leadership?
- Explain how leadership might have avoided the situation in the first place.
- Was response to the scandal equal to the seriousness of the event?
- Recommend an alternative strategy for handling the scandal and support your strategy with relevant evidence. How does your strategy align with one or more of the leadership theories and models listed in this course? Your strategy may focus on avoiding the scandal in the first place, or on dealing with the scandal after it happened.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Number of pages: 3–4 not including title page and reference page.
- Number of resources: At least 3.
- APA format for citations and references.
- Times New Roman font, 12 point.