Dream job： Finance Manager
1. Locate nine additional sources for your fact sheet research. Remember, your first source was the dream job posting. This effort will show a prospective employer that you are familiar with some of the problems that you may encounter on the job.
A. The fact sheet sources should be credible sources of information that answer this question: “What are some problems or issues in the company, business, or industry?”
B. Providing resources for a “fact sheet” means the sources you use should be credible. Use websites, blogs, online journals, magazines, or newspapers, audio or video sources, for potential sources of information:
At least five sources must be from online journals, magazines, or newspapers.
C. NOTE: Information from dictionary and encyclopedia sources are general in nature and can be used, BUT will not count towards your ten sources. That is, your ten sources cannot be multiple dictionary or encyclopedia entries, but sources beyond the initial ten may be so. In a similar vein, using different pages of a website is NOT locating various sources of information.
2. Summarize each source in 3 to 5 sentences.
A. The summary should discuss the problem or issue in the company, business, or industry, and any solution – if offered.
B. There is no need to “cite” sources in the summary, as it will be listed immediately after the source.
1. You will locate nine additional sources of information for the fact sheet. Format the sources in APA style, using the examples found at the Purdue OWL (above). You can use general search engines, or other sources of reliable and verifiable information.
2. Sources that focus solely on qualifications for the job, or summaries that talk about “why this job is good for me,” are unacceptable. Your prospective employer is interested in assessing your critical thinking skills, not you selling yourself for a job. Reread the Fact Sheet Sources section above.
3. Listing only a weblink is not an acceptable formatted source. See the Resources section above on how to format APA style.
1. Two to three pages.
2. Put your name and course information on the first page of your resources. No other information is required, nor requested. There is no need to number your pages.
3. Single-space. Check Paragraph menu for Before & After spacing, and Line single-spacing:
4. Skip a line between each source/summary combination.
5. Remove or turn off hyperlinks.
Here is a layout example of your fact sheet sources assignment:
Source 1. This source should be presented in APA format.
Summary of source 1. The summary should consist of 3 to 5 sentences,and explain what the article or website discusses, and how it answers the question, “What are some problems or issues in the company, business, or industry?”
Source 2. The second source should also be presented in APA format.
Summary of source 2. This summary should also be another viewpoint on the question, “What are some problems or issues in the company, business, or industry?”
Source 3. The third source should also be presented in APA format.
Summary of source 3. This summary should also be another viewpoint on the question posed above.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.