Complete a physical examination of the client using the “Health History and Examination” assignment resource. Use the “Functional Health Pattern Assessment” resource as a guideline to assist you in completing the template.September 7, 2018
Explore the distinction between individuals in crisis and crisis survivors. Consider how you would conduct effective interviews with individuals in crisis and crisis survivors.September 7, 2018
Week 5 Assignment
Reflect on Michael, Lucille, and Dan from the Week 5 Introduction. How is each coping with his or her crisis? What kind of skills would an interviewer need to have in order to effectively help each of these individuals?
In this Assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of effective interviewing skills for providing psychological first aid for individuals in crisis, using what you have learned throughout this course and in the Learning Resources.
- To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the information in Chapter 11 in your course text, The Helping Process: Assessment to Termination. Focus on the sections titled “Caregiver” and “Crisis Intervener.”
- Review the article “The Shattered Mask: A Red-Flag Carry-In Interview,” found in this week’s Learning Resources. Focus on techniques for working with individuals who have faced crises and how strategies for interviewing these individuals would differ from more traditional interview techniques.
- Review the report Psychological First Aid: Guide for Field Workers, focusing on “Section 3.1: Good Communication” and Chapter 5, “Practice What You Have Learned.”
- View the Course Media: “Michael: Scenario 1,” “Lucille: Scenario 2,” and “Dan: Scenario 3,” featuring the individuals facing crisis described in this week’s introduction. Pick two of the three to write about in your paper.
Submit by Day 7 a 1- to 2-page paper in which you do the following:
- Imagine that you are a human services professional who has been asked to take over the second interview with the individuals in the scenarios you picked.
- Name the two scenarios you selected by name of the “interviewee.”
- For each of these two individuals, explain two psychological first aid interviewing strategies that you would apply for their situation.
- For each individual, write two interview questions that demonstrate what you have learned about interviewing individuals in crisis.
- Justify why these questions demonstrate effective interviewing skills for individuals in crisis.