The deviant behavior I’m choosing is bullying, my theory about bullying is the pressure to be liked and popular in today’s society is so great that children lose sight of the consequences by focusing on the goal of standing out by pointing out negative attention on another individual which is also turning all negative attention away from them. Popularity today is about a following the pressure to have such a following is blinding to these young minds, and the consequences are not relevant until its too late unfortunately. My paper will focus on the pressures kids face to fit into a certain group and disregarding others feeling in order to achieve this, creating bully’s and why they bully.
You must locate at least three peer-reviewed academic articles from the Evans Library databases to support your case. Your paper must be in APA format, including a title page, abstract, and reference page. Your paper must be at least four pages (not counting the title page, abstract, or reference page) following APA format. You may use your text as a reference but must also provide no less than three academic journal articles for support. Nonacademic sources, such as news articles, may only be used to add support for the crime or deviant behavior you are exploring. All topics must be approved by your instructor.
Papers will be constructed with the following components (use these as your APA headers):
- Title page (APA – this does not count toward word count)
- Abstract (APA – this does not count toward word count)
- Introduction – set the stage for the reader. Provide a brief overview of the criminal or deviant behavior and your proposed explanations. (Note: this should be two solid paragraphs. You may think of this as an opening statement in court. Usually no more than one-half page)
- Operationalizing the criminal behavior – discuss, define, and operationalize the behavior you are going to seek to explain. (Note: clearly discuss the crime or behavior you are exploring. Usually no more than one-half page)
- Literature review – explain and discuss the peer-reviewed theory you believe explains the topic behavior. You are outlining and discussing the theories. (Note: this is simply a clear discussion of the theories you are using to help explain the problem in your paper. Usually about two pages)
- How theory explains the crime or behavior – this is the synthesis of how the theories discussed fit toward your explanations. (Note: articulate why you believe the theory applies to your chosen crime or behavior. Usually a page or less)
- Conclusion – conclude by discussing the potential utility of your selected theory in an applied setting. Issues such as policy implications, prevention strategies, or apprehension are good options. (Note: this needs to be a minimum of three solid paragraphs. Students often lose the most points here. Your conclusion is akin to a closing argument and summation in a trial. Should be at least one full page)
- References (APA – this does not count toward word count)
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.