Security Response PlanFebruary 15, 2021
What Is A Thorough Project PlanFebruary 15, 2021
To clarify the instructions: Write an APA paper with a PowerPoint presentation outlining the main points. The presentation would be something that you would introduce to board members to influence them. The presentation would be between 4-10 slides. Including everything, the entire Final Project should consist of 2500-3600 words. Quality and answering the outline is a priority.
Using materials drawn from the previous assignment, students will be divided into teams to conduct research based on the criteria established, and develop a comprehensive International Business plan proposal with cost analysis. Evaluation criteria would include the following 10 areas:
- How will the mission and vision of the business compliment the expansion?
- Will this be a new department or division of existing market; or a new subsidiary?
- Company strengths, in terms of finances, project management, etc.
- Market size and growth trends
- Entering a market into which owners have a level of comfort
- Needs in this market – alignment with objectives?
- Availability of incentives for business development
- Market conditions
- Customer demand
- Growth in affiliated industries
- Available labor
- Local competitive environment
- Other similar businesses/projects in development
- Potential profit margins (is this attainable?)
- General business climate and specific climate for this industry
- Availability of qualified consultants and agents
- Threats from inflation, foreign competitors, or privatization
- Availability of channel partners (brokers, marketing tools, etc.)
- Legal and compliance barriers
- Laws for private ownership
- Market entry barriers
- Other administrative regulations and “red tape”
- Location in terms of culture, climate, geography and topography
- The host country’s ability and means to support business development
- Logistics: rail, ports, roadways?
- How these topographical factors would affect opportunities for exchange?
- Financial and economic forces
- Government stability
- Taxation and interest rates
- Pricing Challenges
- Challenges of foreign currency
- Financing the projects
- Availability of funding and sources
- Partnership opportunities or available local agents
- Open to Acquisition / Joint Ventures
- Sourcing products and resources from local suppliers
- Intangibles OR Showstoppers –factors that might sway a marginal opportunity into a great one; or possibly something that “looks great on paper” but has too much risk:
- Timing of development – how quickly will they look to turn a profit after initial site identification?
- Estimated costs of project: provide some idea of what it will cost to get started
- Other intangibles – government instability; or the Olympics to be held here; etc.
- Finally – Cost of entry, plan for expansion, 2-3 yr objectives for when venture will be cash-positive
Of course, know that you should follow APA format; citing sources. Use good grammar; good PPT quality with strong content support.