At this point take note of the statistics of the selected attribute. Notice how Weka calculates the minimum, maximum, mean and standard deviation for your quick reference. Select the check marks next to all of the attributes to select them all.September 10, 2018
How would you be able to apply this particular financial information to other situations? Discuss risk methodologies used in capital budgeting.September 10, 2018
Assignment 1: Position Paper One – Media and Society
This is the first of two (2) position papers based on the following scenario to be completed in this course.
Imagine that you are running for a state office (e.g., governor, senator, or representative) and you have to prepare a position paper for a debate on controversial issues in the news. (Select one (1) of the topics addressed in the first four weeks of this class.) You will want your position paper to demonstrate critical thinking, sound logic, valid claims, personal passion, and credible support that is cited correctly because the paper will be provided to the news media before the debate and will be scrutinized by the media and reported on regarding these criteria. Your professor will serve as your close advisor whose job is to review the paper and provide feedback to you on the paper’s strengths and weaknesses.
Write a two to three (2-3) page (700 to 1,200 words) paper in which you:
- Introduce your position using a thesis statement in the first paragraph, including a quote, question, or statistic from your reliable sources and an overview of the main points you will cover. (It’s important to grab the audience’s interest and inform the audience of what the main and support points are.)
- Provide two or three (2-3) major points to support your thesis statement. (Put each major point in a separate paragraph.)
- Provide one (1) paragraph in which you identify and answer an expected argument against your view.
- Organize arguments and support your claims effectively.
- Demonstrate personal passion for your position and critical thinking with persuasive language, sound logic, valid claims, and credible support for the claims.
- Provide two to three (2-3) credible and reliable references (in addition to the textbook) about current events, which have been published in the last five (5) years and are cited correctly in the position paper. (Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.