Collaborative Learning Community: EBP Agreement.
Brainstorm: Initiate conversation regarding potential topics of interest.
1) This should be a nursing related problem, that is, a problem related to nursing practice, advance practice, leadership, or education. .
2) Identify several topics of interest and have individual group members do a quick survey of the literature to be sure that there is evidence available.
3) In order to develop a guideline/protocol, you will need credible resources. Read pages 29-34 for guidance in identifying sources of evidence.
a) The course readings include all of the information needed to complete this project. Chapters 1 and 2 provided the necessary information regarding EBP and how to find evidence. Chapter 5 provides strategies for locating credible information. The sooner these chapters are read carefully, with the project in mind, the easier it will be.
4) Record all communication in the CLC Forum.
EBP Identification of Clinical Question
1) Refer to Figure 2.2 in the textbook for the model you will use to complete this project.
a. Note that you will not complete the entire process in this model, you will reach the step entitled,Pilot the change in practice.
2) As a group, finalize your choice of topic.
a. Review the literature regarding clinical problems presented in the previous topic in order to ensure that there is adequate evidence for your choice.
b. State your topic in the form of a problem statement and a foreground question.
c. The course readings include all of the information you need to complete this project.
d. Record all communication in the CLC Forum.
3) Choose one team member to submit the completed assignment and initial reference list to the instructor by the end of Topic4.
Collaborative Learning Community: EBP Literature Search/Appraisal of Evidence
1) UseFigure 2.1, Evidence hierarchy pyramid, inthe textbook as your guide for the levels of evidence in your reference list.
2) Locate case studies, relevant clinical articles written by experts, research articles,, evidence based guidelines and protocolsand theory that may guide the identification of appropriate solutions. This can include the articles reviewed from topic 3. Note, not all theories will have research that allows them to have a level assigned to them. This does not mean they are not good theories.
3) Appraise the evidence using the guidelines provided on pages 37-40 in the textbook.
a. Use these guidelines to discard references that are untrustworthy or irrelevant.
b. Use Box 2.2 to help with this decision-making process.
4) Use the following to organize the evidence by commonalities and/or contrary findings:
a. Chapter 5in the textbook provides information regarding how to synthesize the article findings.
b. Use the EBP Project Evaluation tool located in resources to consolidate and present the findings
5) Record all communication in the CLC Forum.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.