Homework helpOctober 29, 2020
“Faith, Fortune, and Fame” or “God, Gold, and Glory” is a slogan that describes the European explorations and conquests that spread Western culture…October 29, 2020
Part 1: Post a Response
Each region (North, South, West) of the United States experienced the era of Industrialization (1865-1920) differently, with different issues and groups at the forefront.
Choose one of the following groups in the American Industrial Era (1865-1920):
- New European immigrants in the east
- African Americans in the “new south”
- Asian immigrants in the west
Then, in a full paragraph or two:
- Identify the main challenges facing this group during these industrial years.
- Describe at least one specific example that illustrates such challenge(s) and how the group dealt with it.
- Suggest lessons for our own time, such as positive or effective ways for some group today to deal with society’s barriers as well as the inevitable challenges of economic change.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about the group and its challenges.