Select an object, person or place that represents a significant aspect of your cultural background, personality, values, ambitions, etc. Even something that might be more abstract, like a concept or an ideal, can also be a possibility as long as it fulfills the other aspects of the speech.September 4, 2018
What characteristics seem to never change? How does physical development influence the characteristics of adolescence? How does cognitive development influence the characteristics of adolescence?September 4, 2018
- Post a descriptive essay of three or more paragraphs by the end of Day 6.
- Post directly to the discussion; do not attach a document. If you have composed your remarks in Microsoft Word, you can use the copy and paste function to include your work within the thread.
- Make sure you check spelling, grammar, and mechanics.
- Use APA style for citations. Please revisit Week 1 Lesson: Avoiding Plagiarism with APA-Style Citations if you need to review the proper citation styles.
Write a Descriptive Essay of 3 or more paragraphs. Your goal with this essay is to paint a picture with words. The descriptive details you choose to include (what you see, hear, taste, smell, feel, etc.) will result in a vivid reading experience. You need to have at least three paragraphs including an introduction with thesis statement, body paragraph with descriptive details, and conclusion, but you may write more if you like.
You may choose one of the following topics for your Descriptive Essay:
- Your favorite place
- Your favorite room in your house
- Your first car
- A cherished item
- The restaurant you began describing in the Week 1 Restaurant Review
- If you have a different topic you would like to describe, please email me to ask for permission.
You will want to visualize the people, surroundings, sounds, and smells and think of descriptive details to help the reader see it, too.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.