Comprehensive and Net IncomeFebruary 26, 2021
In 700 wordsFebruary 26, 2021
Note: These are not the questions from the test. These are questions that if you can answer you should be well prepared for the test. There will be 35 questions multiple choice, true false and a short answer question
- Can you name the characters in the Gorgias?
- What is the name for the greek democratic rule that allowed all men to speak?
- What is Aphasia’s connection to Socrates
- Why was Dissoi logoi, helpful for sophists students in the courtroom?
- Was Isocrates a politician, speechwriter, or philosopher?
- Why does Plato (via Socrates) feel rhetoric is not a craft?
- What are the three parts of the charioteer? And whats that have to do with rhetoric?
- What is the difference between sophistic rhetoric and Platonic rhetoric
- Why were the sophists controversial?
- What does Socrates mean when he claims Polus and Callicles use of rhetoric makes them slaves to the people not masters?
- Aristotle saw rhetoric as a form of self defense. True or False?
- Forensic Rhetoric focuses on : past, present or future?
- Deliberative rhetoric focuses on : past, present or future
- Epideictic rhetoric focuses on praise and blame.
- Aristotle says it is important to “know the psychology of the audience’s emotions”, this relates to which rhetorical appeal (ethos, logos, pathos)
- What is the definition of rhetoric-According to Aristotle
- Did the sophists believe in absolute truth? Were people born great speakers according to the sophists?
- Which rhetorical appeal is the most important to Aristotle?
- Internet memes utilize which rhetorical appeal the most.? And how?