Discussion Board 4 – Replies (2) BMAL 504February 6, 2021
dissertation prospectusFebruary 6, 2021
Review the Final Paper instructions found within the Final Paper link. The Final Paper is due in Week Five. To help with the preparation of the paper, complete the following and submit it to your instructor for feedback:
- Topics: Select three topics. See Final Paper guidelines for instruction.
- Thesis: Develop your thesis statement. This will become the point or perspective you will argue or prove in the paper.
- APA Reference Page: For this paper you need to do research in peer-reviewed journals or other sources that are considered to have reliable information. In addition to the textbook, you need at least five scholarly sources
- Academic research and papers must meet certain standards of quality recognized by the academic community. What constitutes quality, academic research?
- Primary sources which are documents from the time period being discussed.
- Secondary sources supported by research in primary sources
- Credible sources (experts in the area of study)
- Relevant research (materials are pertinent to the area of study)
- In graduate work, the use of peer-reviewed journal articles (journal articles reviewed by recognized experts in the relevant field of study) is required.
- Educational and Government websites may be appropriate in some cases but should be evaluated carefully.
The paper must be one to two pages in length and formatted according to APA style.
Final Paper instructions
Compose a Final Rough Draft Paper that analyzes issues regarding management training in law enforcement which have been addressed throughout the course. For this paper, analyze the impact that three of the topics listed below, has on a law enforcement organization:
- Differing training standards and requirements
- Effects of consent decree on law enforcement training
- Firearms training
- In-service or continuation training in law enforcement
- Leadership training – supervisors and managers
- Legal training
- Physical education training
- Police executive development
- Purpose of academy training
- Purpose of community policing and community relations training
- Purpose of field training
- Technology in training
- Training budgets
- Training focus in law enforcement
- Training management within the law enforcement organization
- Vicarious liability
Then, address how the three selected topics:
- Affect training, liability, capabilities, personnel, and community relations.
- Apply effectively to management training techniques.
- Improve the law enforcement organization.
- Promote skills necessary to provide well-trained officers and leadership.
- Relate to specific and relevant experiences from a past or current workplace and/or organization.
- Seek to improve the community as a whole.