As was mentioned in the Research Project: Milestones Guide and Resources the scenario for your Research Project is to assume that you are in a mid-level management position and have been assigned a significant research role in your enterprise’s transformation through the use of information technology.
Working on this project places you at a virtual time in your future where upper management has assigned you a task to investigate and evaluate five various MIS solutions that, if implemented, could lead to improving upon and enhancing the efficiency of the company’s various business processes, leading to increased profitability.
Working on this Research Project paper will assist in expanding and clarifying your understanding of Management Information Systems (MISs) that are frequently utilized by managers at many levels in various types of organizations. Working on this Research Project paper will also enhance your professional growth through the process of conducting research using primary reference sources and composing scholarly data.
Milestone 1 requires you to select a title for your Research Project paper, choose five MIS topics to conduct research on, and build a five-page template following the university standards of APA Style format. The template that you create in this Milestone will become a working document for Milestones 2,3, and 4. For this Milestone, you will submit only a five-page “bare-bones” template document in Module 3.
A rubric is used to evaluate this Milestone. The grade awarded for Milestone 1 is based on the successful completion of the five-page template containing the list of topics, providing a suitable name for your Research Project paper, and the proper use of current APA Style formatting in the document.
Remember, the document that you submit for this Milestone should consist only of a Title page, an Abstract page with no text data, a “Body of Text” page that contains only the list of your five chosen MIS topics, a Conclusion page with no text data, and a Reference List page with no text data.
(1) Title Page: Page One of your template is a properly formatted APA Style Title Page. The Title Page contains a Page Header (Running head) that includes the words “Running head:” followed by the title of your paper in all uppercase letters and the page number. Include the title of your paper, the student’s name, the institution’s name (ERAU spelled out), and the date of submission centered in the body of the Title Page.
(2) Abstract: On Page Two of your template, center the word “Abstract” at the top of the page. Other than the Page Header and the word “Abstract,” no other data should be present on this page at this time. You will fill in the Abstract data in the later modules.
(3) Topic Selection: Page Three of your template should contain only a bulleted list of the five topics that you selected from the thirteen MIS-related topics provided below. In the later Milestones, you will replace the list of your selected topics on Page Three as you begin to compose data in the “Body of Text” section.
(4) Conclusion: Page Four is the Conclusion page of your document in the template state. As you fill in your research findings in the Body of Text, the page number will change. Center the word “Conclusion” at the top of the page. No other data should be present on this page at this time. You will fill in the conclusion data as you finish composing the final draft of your document.
(5) References: Lastly, but critical for a good grade, the Reference List page will contain your references. Center the word “References” at the top of the page. No other data should be present on this page at this time. You will fill in the references data as you compose your document.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.