What laws apply to temporary disability at the workplace? Under what general circumstances is the employee entitled to benefits? September 8, 2018
Discuss the pros and cons of a matrix organization for project management. As a project manager, what types of things would you need to do well in order for your project to work within a matrix organization? Justify your responses.September 8, 2018
Assignment 3: Implementing Risk Management
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Choose a project from the following Website: http://www.pmi.org/Business-Solutions/OPM3-Case-Study-Library.aspx
Your emphasis should relate to deploying network security appliances, using biometric technologies for network and physical security, managing organizational risk, or planning for disruptions. Note: You will need to conduct further research on the above selected topic using the Internet as a resource in order to address all of the questions / statements.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the selected project and describe the primary failures of traditional project risk management.
- Describe the levels of uncertainty and complexity for the project.
- Determine what the project manager should communicate to the customers about the project unknowns.
- Relating to the selected project, identify and discuss the risk identification for selectionism and learning.
- Discuss the contingency planning approach and the management challenges of informing stakeholders.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the process for diagnosing uncertainty and complexity in projects.
- Examine the planning process for project contingencies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing project risk.
- Write clearly and concisely about managing project risk using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using this rubric.