marketing plan for WhiteWave foods company product: Silk non dairy soy ice creamJanuary 12, 2021
Understanding MarketingJanuary 12, 2021
Preparing for the Interview
You are working for a manufacturer of a specialized guidance system for the latest jet fighter aircraft used by several branches of the military. Your current position is as a senior supply management specialist reporting to the Vice President of Purchasing. She asks for your help in developing a series of questions to be used in interviewing and hiring a new junior buyer, an entry level position. You have agreed that the successful candidate will have 0-2 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Most importantly, the new hire must have an excellent grasp of the current vocabulary and tools used in the professional practice of supply management. Knowing that you have recently completed at least one course in supply management, she now asks that you provide written answers to the questions so that the other interviewers can judge the candidates’ knowledge. The questions are:
- Give examples of at least three different job titles within supply management and explain how they contribute to the success of an organization.
- Choose one department in a company (such as legal, logistic, operations, quality assurance, etc.), and explain how the company benefits from a facilitated integration of supply management with this internal partner.
- Explain the role that supply management plays in achieving sustainability goals in an organization.
- Select at least five items that would be considered when determining the total cost of ownership (TCO) for a piece of capital equipment. Classify each item as being either a positive or negative value if asked to complete the calculation.
- Name at least three characteristics that you share with professional negotiators. Explain why you believe each is important to your role in supply management.
- Select one method of using data to choose a new supplier. Summarize why you believe this is an appropriate, fair, and consistent method of conducting business.
- List at least three special considerations when seeking international sources of materials. Compare how each differs from doing business only within the United States.
- Explain the application of at least three types of fixed-price contracts. Determine the implications for the supplier and the purchaser for each type.
Your Summative Assessment
- Must be 1800-2400 words (excluding title page and references page) in length, double-spaced and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Contextual (Level One)headings must be used to organize your paper and your thoughts. Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must utilize a minimum of 5 scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources from the Ashford Library in addition to the textbook. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.