Com-362 Topic 7 Reading ExerciseJanuary 10, 2021
Crisis managementJanuary 10, 2021
First, select one Supreme Court case from the list below:
- Tennessee v. Garner (1985)
- Escobedo v. Illinois (1964)
- Miranda v. Arizona (1966)
- Cooper v. Pate (1964)
- Cruz v. Beto (1972)
- Furman v. Georgia (1972)
- Williams v. Florida (1970)
- Gideon v. Wainwright (1963)
- Powell v. Alabama (1932)
- Harris v. United States (1968)
- Terry v. Ohio (1968)
- Florida v. Harris (2013)
- Mapp v. Ohio (1961)
- Weeks v. United States (1914)
- Illinois v. Perkins (1990)
Using the selected case, in your paper;
- Summarize the background and details of the case and the justices’ ruling.
- Identify the specific component of the criminal justice system that was most affected by the Supreme Court’s ruling.
- Provide an in-depth analysis of any operational policy, hiring, or training policy that was, or would be, required to change due to the legal decision.
- Describe what systemic effect the Supreme Court’s decision had, or has, for the remaining components of the justice system.
- Detail how a single Court ruling can have systemic effects.
- Identify and trace system-wide transformation caused by a particular Court ruling.
This assignment needs to be in APA Style,12 pages and 10 references.