While there is no blueprint or checklist that one can follow to guarantee the success of a business, much can be learned from analyzing those that have failed and those that have flourished.
Toys R Us a national retail franchise we all know and love recently filed for bankruptcy. The company was founded in 1948 as a Children’s furniture store. Though this company has filed for bankruptcy the stores will remain open and management commits to implementing new improvements. Will these improvements be enough to return the stores to profitability?
Write a 1,250- to 1,500-word paper in which you discuss strategic leadership and change.
Include the following in the paper:
Include the Toys R Us obituary to illustrate a summary of the good and the bad in its history.
- Industry and organization history
- Current executive leadership structure
- How effective the current leadership team is/was at providing strategic leadership and managing change.
- Provide a critique of the organization’s mission statement and strategic vision.
- Discuss whether or not the long-term vision is adaptive and supported change or is rigid and resists change.
- Describe the changes that would have saved this business.
- Identify the role leadership played in implementing or blocking change.
- How did the organization deal with resistance?
- What influence would mindful leadership have on resistance to change?
- Discuss the role of intra and entrepreneurial competencies have as applied to organizational leadership during change.
Cite at least 2 external sources other than your textbook.
Format consistent with APA guidelines.