A resort in Bermuda only allows approved caterers to supply food and beverages for events at its convention center. A sales manager was heard saying that he tries to steer all of the clients with whom he interacts to one particular caterer despite the fact it is the most expensive. When asked why, he stated that this caterer provides the best products and service. He went on to say that he has become a friend of the caterer who regularly gives him tickets to sporting events, theater, and other community activities.
Go to the following website and review the International Live Events Association (ILEA) code of ethics
ILEA Professional Conduct and Ethics
ILEA promotes high ethical standards for our members and their special events. That’s why all ILEA members subscribe to the ILEA Principles of Professional Conduct and ethics, listed below.
Each member of ILEA shall agree to adhere to the following:
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession of the special events industry while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of our profession by performing consistently at or above acceptable industry standards.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry negotiations and activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and promote all practices which bring respect and credit to the profession.
- Provide truthful and accurate information with respect to the performance of duties. Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations and other essential information.
- Maintain industry accepted standards of safety and sanitation.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities.
- Commit to increase professional growth and knowledge, to attend educational programs and to personally contribute expertise to meetings and journals.
- Strive to cooperate with colleagues, suppliers, employees, employers and all persons supervised, in order to provide the highest quality service at every level.
- Subscribe to the ILEA Principles of Professional Conduct and Ethics, and abide by the ILEA Bylaws and policies.
Source: Conduct and Ethics. International Special Events Society (ISES). Retrieved from http://www.ises.com/ises/about-ises/professional-c…
While reading the following scenario be prepared to answer the following question:
As the new manager for this conference center determined to implement an ethical hiring strategy, what would your policy be regarding hiring sub-contractors?
- Review the International Special Events Society (ISES) code of ethics
- Read the scenario on ethics
- Reply to the question: “As the new manager for this conference center determined to implement an ethical hiring strategy, what would your policy be regarding hiring sub-contractors?”
Respond per your Syllabus guidelines.