Discuss the evolution and history of hackingFebruary 8, 2021
Accounting 206February 8, 2021
The various theories that exist about victimology help to set the stage for understanding how individuals become victims. Victimization theories that stem back to the 1940s still support contemporary viewpoints and issues that plague victims.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Select and discuss two victimization theories, and compare and contrast how they address the various behaviors that lead to individuals becoming victims.
- You may select from the following theories:
- Mendelsohn’s theory of victimization (the 6 categories)
- Von Hentig’s theory of victimization (3 categories)
- Stephen Schafer’s functional responsibility
- Wolfgang’s study of homicide
- Karmen’s theory of victimization
- Lifestyle theory
- Routine activities approach
- Opportunity model of victimization
- Critical victimology
- Victim blaming
- Victim’s contribution to the crime
- How are the theories different in their victim assessments? Explain.
- How are the theories similar in the victim assessments? Explain.