enerally speaking, a party doesn’t enter into litigation when the issue is black and white. When looking at a situation, the first question to ask is, has a contract been entered into? Remember, there has to be an offer, an acceptance of the offer, and consideration. Contracts can be bilateral or unilateral, and both have some nuances.September 7, 2018
What is path dependency? What has this been an issue in health reform? How can the power of inertia be overcome? What are the advantages and disadvantages of PPACA that was passed in 2010?September 7, 2018
Current Scenario of Health Insurance Plans
Currently, in the United States, an individual is not required to purchase a health insurance plan. However, according to Section 1501 of the PPACA, beginning in 2014, “Individuals will be required to maintain minimum essential coverage beginning in 2014. Failure to maintain coverage will result in a penalty of $95 in 2014, $350 in 2015, $750 in 2016 and indexed thereafter.”
Currently, employers are not required to provide health insurance coverage to their employees. However, in 2014, the employers’ responsibility in health insurance coverage will change, according to the PPACA. This is the latest update in a long line of US health care reform efforts.
Using South University Online Library or the Internet, search on the topic of latest health care reforms. On the basis of your research and your understanding of the topic, answer the following questions:
- Track the progress of health care reform efforts in the US history starting with the early 1900s detailing the role of Presidents’ attempting to pass health care reform.
- Give your views on the AALL’s efforts to pass National Health Reform.
- What are the issues of culture, politics, and special interests in the United States that have made health care reform difficult to achieve?
- Of these three issues, which issue do you find to be the most difficult to overcome? Why?
- What is path dependency? What has this been an issue in health reform? How can the power of inertia be overcome?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of PPACA that was passed in 2010?