Create and briefly describe a fictional large company of your choice. This is your company and it should preferably be in your current or desired future industry.
This company and the HR mission statement you create will be used as a foundation for future assignments in this course.
Use your analysis to write your own HR mission statement for your fictional company. Consider the following questions when evaluating and formulating your mission statement.
Keep in mind that good mission statements are short, clear,
concise, & brief hard-hitting comments on your mission.
1. Why does your HR function exist? What do you want for your customers and how can HR provide that?
2. Who are your customers and what can you do for them that will enrich their lives and contribute to their success, both present and future?
3. What image of your function do you want to convey internally and externally? Customers, employees and the public will all have perceptions of your company. How will HR help create the desired picture?
4. What level of service do you provide to employees and the company?
Don’t be vague; define what will make your service extraordinary.
5. What kind of relationships will your HR function maintain with customers? Every company function is in partnership with its customers. When you succeed, so do they.
6. What underlying philosophies or values guided your responses to the previous questions? Some mission statements choose to list these separately (as core values or vision). Writing them down clarifies the “why” behind your mission.
7. Does your HR function’s mission statement describe and support what your company will do and why it will do it (the company’s core values)?
There is a minimum requirement of 500 words for this assignment.
The paper must be in APA format
Any sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.