hoose one business issue such as narcissism, organizational culture, change and stress etc. from your own professional work experience or peer-reviewed journal articles.September 7, 2018
List three substantive questions you might expect to be asked in an interview for the job, and summarize your answers. 2. Describe three to five ways in which you could prepare for the interview to make the most positive impression.September 7, 2018
Module 2 – Case
DIMENSIONS OF CULTURE
In this module you will propose a plan for your intercultural experience and have it approved by your professor. A “pre-experience outline” is provided to assist you in your planning. This is what your professor will use in assuring that your proposal meets the training parameters for this Case.
Submit a 2- to 3-page proposal describing your cultural experience. Your proposal should address the following questions:
- Intended contact culture group
- What is the identified culture group with which you are planning to have contact? Be specific.
- Provide a brief description of any contact you have previously had with this group.
- Briefly explain why this target group qualifies as a culture group.
- Intended new cultural activity
- Briefly describe your new cultural activity.
- Does your intended activity meet all requirements of the assignment (see expectations below)? Provide some details to justify your answer.
- Will this activity allow you to have meaningful contact with members of the intended target culture group? Briefly explain.
- What is the planned date, time and approximate duration of the activity?
- Have you selected a secondary contact group and cultural activity as a backup? Please describe briefly.
- Do you have any questions about the project? Please describe.
Here are the requirements—or parameters—of the exercise:
- Provides information concerning the date(s) and place where this experience will take place.
- The selected experience should be novel. The intent of this case is to provide a kind of “lab” where you can apply your learning in a new setting.
- The experience must be with a group or culture that is largely unfamiliar to you.
- You should not be in a position of authority or dominance vis-à-vis the target group. For example, you should not be a customer in a restaurant, or interacting with individuals who have lower rank than you in an organizational setting. Power can influence behavior, and we want to keep power relationships in check to provide the most meaningful type of interaction.
- The experience should allow for meaningful one-on-one contact with members of the target group. Thus it is recommended that you do not choose an impersonal spectator event such as a large festival, parade, or sporting event.
- The experience must be a minimum of 2 hours in length to provide you with enough material for analysis.
- The experience must not be illegal or place you at unreasonable physical or psychological risk.
- You need to be able to provide evidence of the experience (such as photographs or a video).
- Have a second choice experience in mind in case your first choice does not meet the above parameters and is not approved.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.