The following article describes the unique boarding process used by the Southwest Airlines.
Presh Talwalkar (2015) Southwest Airlines boarding and game theory
Use this article and at least three (3) others to answer the following questions in 5-7 pages:
1. Describe the change in Southwest Airlines boarding process.
2. What was Southwest’s main goal introducing the early-bird check-in?
3. Explain how Southwest Airlines used the game theory approach to increase its profits.
4. Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the early-bird check-in process for Southwest Airlines.
5. Suggest ways in which other companies, or the company you work for, can utilize similar game approach to maximize profits. Note: One of your references should help provide a rationale as to why this is a good approach for this company and needs to have been published within the last 6 months.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.