· The intent of the SLP is for you to apply the theoretical and general aspects covered in each module, to real-life and practical cases.
· Conflict is an integral part of our lives, and we encounter it in every aspect of our personal and professional activities.
· Surely, you have observed (or even participated in) some form of conflict at your workplace, be it a simple but heated interpersonal matter, or a full-scale organizational dispute.
· The SLP will always have three short parts you will need to address in EACH module, as described below.
· Focus should be put on sections II + III.
· As each module deals with a different topic, you can choose on describing and analyzing the same conflict in all modules, or widening your scope and describing different incidents.
Part I: Background and Settings (in about ½ a page):
· The Organization: Without revealing proprietary information, describe the organization of your choice. (It should be one that you are familiar with, so preferably it would be easier if it were your own).
· The Conflict: Describe the workplace conflict issue you have chosen to write about.
· What is the underlying problem or difference?
· Who are the parties or sides in this conflict?
· Choose a Side: Choose one of the parties or sides in the conflict and let me know of your choice.
Part II: How Was It Managed? (in about 1 full page):
· Describe “your chosen” side’s decisions and/or behaviors and/or actions to the following:
· What were the underlying sources of the conflict: Personal or substantive? Explain which criteria you used to defined it as personal or substantive.
· What negative effect did this conflict have on the goal attainment of your organization? How were personal/working relationships affected?
Part III: What Would You Have Done? (in about 1 full page):
· Assuming you are the principal representative for your “chosen side”:
· What would you have done in this case to solve the issue?
· What decisions would you have taken?
Please see attachment and use it to answer the questions in the assignment.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.