This is an example of what I need!
Dr. Robin Brooks is a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) and consultant at LSU Health Sciences Centre in Louisiana. She is also the founder and director of the ‘Putting the pieces together’ Behavioral Health Services (BHS) at LSU. Dr. Robin Brooks is a Ph.D. holder in Behavioral Health from Arizona State University, with over eleven years’ experience in the field. In his routine task, Dr. Brooks oversees developing treatment plans for all his patients, leading the therapy sessions, monitoring patient recovery, along with providing patient care and intervening upon crisis. Dr. Robin can be contacted directly in his LinkedIn bio or even contacted using the med facility administrative number +1504-568-4808 or street address number 433 Bolivar or on LinkedIn (linkedin.com/in/dr-robin-brooks-dbh-lmsw-b1891053).
The primary reason for having the interview with Dr. Robin Brooks is to inquire his insights into a field of study I am passionate to join. I believe that information derived from the interview will be an eye-opener in encouraging me to excel as a future professional mental health counselor. Besides, I am motivated to play a part in alleviating the rising problem of increasing population of mentally challenged people in my society, considering that I also lost close relative due to such state of health (Donaldson et al., 2014).
Some of the fifteen questions I had drafted before-hand for the interview with Mr. Brooks in understanding the profession seek to inquire about:
1. Why did you choose the profession and what did you like in the profession?
2. Some of your challenging encounters as a BHS specialist?
3. Some of the memorable experience during your career?
4. What number of cases have you intervened and how many do you handle daily?
5. Which is the most intriguing case you have ever handled?
6. What other identified elements of work exposure that should be emphasized during classroom learning?
7. What other qualifications are important for new graduates joining in the field?
8. What are some of the ideal professional bodies you would recommend to students seeking to nature their career?
9. What are your motivation/ drive for working as a mental health specialist?
10. What overall accomplishment/ satisfaction does an individual achieve from being a BHS specialist?
11. What is your take about online degree and on-campus degree for the course?
12. What impact does the job has on one’s personal life?
13. What are your views regarding the level of professionalism and integrity that goes along with the job?
14. What other areas of majors are available for students pursuing this field?
15. What is your general take about the profession, and what is your advice to any student seeking to join the profession?
In commencing the interview, it is essential that the formalities of engagement be prioritized to facilitate a smooth discussion. Therefore, in my discussion, it will be important that I introduce myself with civility by first gesturing for the greeting (along with the hallway or pavement) before introducing myself and my purpose for visit. However, if in the office I would knock before proceeding with the introduction formalities. After which, I will ask for the interviewee consent to have a face-to-face interview, including other acknowledgments of how I seek to achieve the interview purpose (Crosby, 2014).
For example, “greeting Madam? My name is XXX, a final year student at Argosy University pursuing my degree as a social worker. We did communicate a week ago where you booked me an appoint today.” If she consents me to take a sit I will then proceed with the purpose of my invite. “I am glad to have joined you today and hoping to benefit much from your insights about life as a licensed professional social worker in the field”. Also, the interviewer must acknowledge the interviewee for his participation in the interview both through formal acknowledgement and a thank you note. For example, “thank you ones again for your time and patience, I am very grateful to be in your presence and for sharing in detail. I look forward to meet you again in future, all the best in your career and bye.” Generally, it is important to conduct self diligently to enhance the cordial relationship and atmosphere important to encouraging a good interaction platform (Crosby, 2014). Also, it is essential that the interviewer asks for permission all the time when seeking to include other instruments for the interview, or when seeking clarity. Good communication etiquette is paramount to the success of an interview process (Crosby, 2014).
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.