Social Utility projectFebruary 27, 2021
Complete Discussion for Collaborating and Managing People Course NO PLAGIARISMFebruary 27, 2021
Assignment: Write a short paper that addresses the three prompts below. Submit in a Word document on Canvas.
- Download the most recent IRS Statistics on Income related to partnerships at IRS Statistics on Income (to locate the most recent bulletin, scroll down to “Partnerships” and then select an SOI bulletin in the right column).Answer the following questions:
- What types of partnership entities are trending up? Down? Staying the same?
- Which industries account for the largest share of partnership assets? Income? Number of partnerships? Number of partners?
- Download the Joint Committee on Taxation article on Choice of Entity (JCT Choice Of Business Entity: Present Law And Data Relating To C Corporations, Partnerships, And S Corporations) and, with respect to Part B (beginning on p. 18):
- Examine Figure 4 and Table 12. Describe the relationship between the number of returns filed by entity type and the income reported on those returns.
- Download and review the two articles on the effect of the emergence of flow-through entities and answer the following.
oExamine Figures 2 and 3 along with the related narrative. Describe how the number of corporations and flow-through entities has changed over the past 20-30 years. What are some of the factors that might have triggered these changes?
oLook at Table 9. In what industries are businesses most commonly formed as corporations? Partnerships? S corporations?
America’s Shrinking Corporate Sector
Ending the Pass-Through Tax Loophole for Big Business
oHow do you react to the two perspectives? What do you like and what do you dislike?
oIn what situations do you think the arguments presented in “America’s Shrinking Corporate Sector” have merit?
In what situations do you think the arguments presented in “Ending the Pass-Through Tax Loophole for Big Business” have merit?